If a person has violated immigration regulations, then this person may have to file a separate application to ask for forgiveness to win a green card. For example, a person previously lied on an immigration application and now seeks to gain a green card after marriage. Or, a person came into the United States without a visa, overstayed, and is seeking to get a green card through their U.S. citizen spouse’s petition for their green card. Smuggling, certain criminal convictions, immigration fraud, and unlawful presence in the United States may require a waiver. An immigration lawyer will be able to determine if you need to apply for a waiver or not.

Contact Us


Law Office of Bart Parsley


631 Strander Boulevard,
Suite G,
Tukwila, Washington 98188